Demo| Main Features|Advanced Features|Requirements|Installation|Download|Order|
phpWebDirectory is a high speed, reliable, compact, but full-featured PHP driven Web Directory Application, which
includes everything needed to to create your own fully customizable, Internet Website Directory.
phpWebDirectory is the perfect solution for anyone who wants to increase their traffic and attract new visitors.
- Unlimited Links.
- Sorting by Any Field.
- Number of Links Count.
- Number of Categories Count.
- Link Visitor Count.
- Link Rating & Voting.
- Link Date of Addition.
- New Links List.
- Top Links List.
- Adds directly into the category the user clicked "Add" from.
- Custom e-mail notification when the link is added.
- Users can rate links on a 1-5 sliding scale. A Top Rated report is automatically generated as well as a Top Votes.
- Validation URL.
- Edit and Delete records by authors.
- Portable: no operating system dependent code.
- Easy Installation
- Translatable into any language.
- Fully customizable HTML.
- All pages are generated dynamically so there is no need to edit a bunch of templates.(Easy configuration via Page Formated functions and CSS)
- Easily fits into your site design.
- Ability to configure color schemes for the default HTML table layout.
- Endless design possibilities!
Advanced Features: (this features available only with additional "Advanced Module" ):
- Advanced Administration
- Powerful search engine to find a resource title, description or author
- Repeated records control
- Bad word Filter
- Validation Author Email
- HTML tags filter for Description Field
- PHP 3.x or greater
- A web server supported by PHP (Apache is most widely used)
- A database with adequate support compiled into PHP.
The currently supported database backends are:
Microsoft SQL Server,
ODBC (Open Database Connectivity),
1) Obtain phpWebDirectory.zip
2) unzip it into the directory you want (best way is document root 'htdocs' or 'www')
3) Make sure your directory structure is like this:
phpWebDirectory/conf (chmod to 777)
Attention! Befor running Install script you need to set permissions to make 'conf' directory and it's content files writable!
This involves using the CHMOD command. If you do not understand CHMOD, there are some resources and information listed at
. CHMOD as follows:
chmod 777 conf (this is a directory)
chmod 777 all files in the conf directory
After the installation and final configuration you may chmod "conf" directory to 606 for security purposes.
Attention! Befor running Install script you need to check existance of the database.
The Install script may create new database for your application, if you enter new Database name!
Run install.php in your web browser and follow the instructions.
4) Create a MySQL database (If you have an installed MySQL database and enough experinece in SQL
you may pass this step).
Below instruction only for MySQL database backend.
For other databases backends see their manuals
The database needs a database-name, a username, and a password.
The database-name can be any name beginning with a letter, the username
should be your unix login name. The password must be different from all
other passwords in your system for security reasons.
If you have root access to the MySQL server then you can create the
database following these instructions:
1. On UNIX prompt write:
mysqladmin -uroot -p create YourDataBaseName
(enter MySQL root password)
2. On UNIX prompt write:
mysql -uroot -p
(enter MySQL root password)
3. On MySQL prompt write:
grant select, insert, update, create, alter, delete, drop
identified by 'PASSWORD' ;
If you don't have root access then you have to ask the webmaster to
create a database for you. Just specify the database-name, username,
and password. Remember that the database password must be different from
your normal password.
5) Create database table
There are two ways:
- From the command line for your operating system, type
1. From the command line for your operating system, type
% mysql YourDataBaseName < phpWebDirectory.sql
This will send the statements into the mysql client and create the table for you. To verify that this was done correctly, go into the mysql client and see.
You should see
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 2 to server version: 3.22.32
Type 'help' for help.
mysql> show tables;
and you should see the category table listed
| Tables_in_YourDataBaseName |
| phpWebDirectory |
To look at the table structure type
mysql> describe phpWebDirectory;
- use phpMyAdmin or similar DataBase Web Administration tools to run the SQL requests from phpWebDirectory.sql file
6) Make changes to the phpWebDirectory/conf/conf.inc file. This file is well documented, so you should be able to pick out what you need to change fairly easily.
########### MySQL DataBase Setting ####################
$dbname = "yourDBName"; //DataBase Name
$hostname = "mysql.yourdomain.comm:64366"; //Host Name:PORT
$username = "yourDBUserName"; //DataBase Access UserName
$password = "yourDBPassword"; //DataBase Access Password
$tablename = "phpWebDirectory"; //DataBase Table Name
########### WebDocs real path #################
$path="/usr/local/apache/htdocs/phpWebDirectory"; //real path
$catalogurl="http://localhost/phpWebDirectory"; //Your Site URL
$sp="/"; //Windows System '\\'
$admin="email@example.com"; //Admin email
###### The Categories List ########################
$categories["7"]="Business & Economy";
$categories["10"]="Meet & Communication";
$categories["18"]="Home & Family";
//edit or set up you phpWebDirectory Categories List
############## Color configuration for the default HTML table layout
$design["tab_color"]="#d4d5c2"; //HTML Table background color tag setting
$design["tr_color"]="#E4E5D2"; //HTML Table <tr> tag background color setting
$design["td_color"]="white"; //HTML Table <td> tag background color setting
include("../languages/lang_eng.inc"); choose Interface Language
You may create your own language interface simply translating the message variables in the lang_eng.inc.
7) To customize page layout you may edit next two files in 'templetes' folder:
8) Once all this has been done, you should protect the conf/conf.inc file (that contains
your login/password for db access). Look at your server documentation to find out
how to do this.
For the Apache server, you'll need to create an ".htaccess" file (without quotes) in
the conf subdir that contains:
Deny From All
you have got opportunity to try application before you have decided to use and
purchase it !
"Free Edition" includes all the Main Features
If you need admin and advanced features (see advanced features list)
you have to purchase on-line Full/Advanced Edition
Download "Free Edition" Size: 34.27 KB
Prices, Order On-Line:
phpWebDirectory 3.6 (Advanced Version) $49.95
Select your payment method and options below then click "Continue to Order Form".
Sale Attention! We now offer 30%! discount